Canadian government plans to approve 285,000 immigrants next year
Canada expects to receive in 2015 a record number of immigrants in more recent history of the country, recently announced the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Chris Alexander.
According to the minister, the economic aspect is a priority in immigration proceedings, covering about 65% of the requirements. The remaining 35% will be for the class of immigrant families, refugees and other humanitarian programs, with the family class will have 68 000 seats, while for refugees, humanitarian and compassionate cases, 29,800 jobs will be available.
This increase in the number of entries in the country will be critical to the implementation of the new electronic management system processes immigration, Express Entry, which comes into force on January 1, 2015.
The Express Entry will be the gateway for the following immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and a part of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
The new system is all based on the potential success of a candidate to immigrate to Canada. What will be assessed by the Canadian government is their employability. One goal of the changes is to minimize the number of immigrants coming into the country have permanent residency and cannot enter the labor market.
The new program basically works like this: The applicant must make a registration on the Canadian government website stating your profile information, education and job experience, among other details. The system will evaluate the profiles of registered approve those who qualify for the program and make a ranking of professionals who possess most likely to succeed in Canada. Those who achieve better rankings in the CIC will be invited to apply for permanent residence (they receive an ITA – invitation to apply). The application will be processed within 6 months. Who does not receive an invitation within 12 months must re-register on the site if you are interested in immigrating to try again.
There are four main factors that will be evaluated by the CIC to rank candidates:
1. Domain language (English or French) of;
3. Canadian work experience;
4. Other factors that lead to success in Canada.
Labor supply and provinces
Besides employers, who may make offers of employment to candidates through the new system, the provinces will also have access to the system and could recruit candidates, offering them a place in their provincial immigration programs – Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) – the order to meet local market needs.
Candidates who receive a job offer or are selected by a province will receive an ITA quickly.
During registration the system, the candidate must complete an online curriculum that will be filed in the government jobs site – the bank job. It is provided through site that applicants will have the opportunity to receive a job offer from a Canadian employer. Most often, however, will not suffice to register and wait seated. The government suggests that, in many cases, the professional will have to be promoted to businesses, i.e. chasing the same way you would if you were applying for a job opening in the country itself.